Saturday, April 2, 2016

Stuff We Like - Keen Footwear

We are not big gear people.  The vast majority of our camping and hiking gear comes from garage sales.  The one thing that we have decided is worth buying is Keen shoes.


We have actually found several kids pairs at garage sales, but even if we have to pay full price to get them new, we will.  The love of Keen started with a pair I bought by chance as a sale at the mall.  They were waterproof, I loved them, and I wore them for five years.  I was so impressed that I bought the next pair at full price in my very first online shoe purchase.  I loved these too.  After about two years the heel broke on both of these shoes.  All Keens come with a one-year warranty, but since both shoes broke in the same way I submitted them for warranty to see what they would say.  They gave me gift certificate for the full price of the shoes!  The new pair I got lost their waterproofing right at the one year mark, and they warrantied these too.  I still wear these several times a week, and use my new pair when I will encounter water.  We now have them in kids sizes 7-2 and keep passing them down.  We must have at least 13 pairs in the house these days.  There are not many products of any kind that we have found to hold up so well through multiple kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment